News/ChatLounge and IRCSpeed Merger
ChatLounge and IRCSpeed Merger
Submitted by Ben on Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 21:00
First of all, we would like to apologize for neglecting the news, although changes up until this point have been minor. However, the ChatLounge Administration is again pleased to announce another exciting change.
The IRCSpeed IRC network has gone defunct. To this end, the ChatLounge Administration has agreed to accept their users and merge the services database. While efforts are being made to make the process as smooth as possible, there may be slight kinks that may need to be ironed out. If you have any disputes regarding channel ownership, channel ACLs, nickname ownership, etc. please bring them up in #Help where your requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
ChatLounge users should experience no changes in the way things are being done. Differences in channel access may be possible. If so, please bring up any discrepancies in #Help where your case will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Former IRCSpeed users will experience the following changes. It's also strongly recommended for former IRCSpeed users to review the general section of the ChatLounge FAQ.
- The following services have been removed: BotServ, GroupServ, HelpServ, HostServ
- Channels will no longer have BotServ bots.
- Groups no longer exist; however the feature was not used heavily so the effect is minimal.
- As HelpServ is no longer available, simply state your queries in: #Help
- As HostServ is no longer available, services-based visual hosts (v-hosts) no longer exist.
- Hostmasking no longer exists. More on why can be found here: Why don't you have hostmasking?
- #OperHelp no longer exists, only one help channel remains: #Help
- Nickname/account registrations now expire after 1 year of continuous non-use.
- Channel registrations still expire after 60 days of continuous non-use.
- Owner and admin/protect channel status modes are now available.
FAQ for former IRCSpeed Users
1. Is new software being used? Will I have to get used to new commands?
No, the exact same software is being used. However, as the configuration is different there are some changes.
2. I want to take advantage of the new channel status modes? How may I go about doing this?
If you are the channel founder, you can assign the channel flags +q (owner) or +a (admin/protected) to ACL entries, either to yourself or to others in the channel.
3. I'm concerned about losing my memos/NickServ data/channel access/etc.!
NickServ and memo information should be preserved. No known conflicts exist, but if they arise you may bring up these concerns in #Help where each case will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Channel access should also be preserved, however conflicts may arise in the case of two channels having the same name. Efforts will be made to make this as fair and as equitable as possible. If a particular situation is missed, or you disagree with the determination made, please bring it up in #Help where each case will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
4. I still have more questions about this!
Please join #Help on ChatLounge.