News/IRC Server Upgrade
IRC Server Upgrade
Submitted by Ben on Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 23:48
The Chat Lounge Administration is pleased to announce our IRC server upgrade, which brings a lot of exciting changes.
New Channel Mode:
- T - If enabled, channel notices are blocked to the channel.
New User Modes:
- B - Currently just a cosmetic mode, the intent of this user mode is to indicate to others that the client is a bot.
- t - If enabled, other users must be using an SSL/TLS connection to private message you.
New Extended bantype:
- $u:nick!user@host - Matches users from the specified hostmask who are not identified to services. For example: +b $u: *!webchat@* effectively requires just WebIRC users to be identified to services before joining the channel.
- When you /whois yourself, your current user modes now show with numeric 379.
- Upon joining a new/empty channel, the default channel modes are now +nst, so the channel will not show in /list immediately. This is to give users time to register the channel and make any changes to it.
- Hostmasking has been disabled, as it's at best, security by obscurity and at worst, a false promise.
For more information on ChatIRCd, you may visit the following link: https://bitbucket.org/chatlounge/chatircd/overview