Social Channel Rules
Above and beyond the Acceptable Use Policy, there are a few common sense rules that apply to the official social channel of ChatLounge. They are:
- Please be respectful of everyone and remain civil. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- No pornographic images, or overly graphic discussion of "adult-oriented" topics.
- Do not use the channel as a platform to appeal bans in other channels.
- The use of /amsg and /ame are very much discouraged. Excessive usage may be grounds for a ban.
- Any sort of automatic announcing script, including but not limited to "Now Playing" scripts or "SomeNick is still away" is not allowed.
- Do not spam or flood the channel. Extreme cases may be met with a K-Line (Network wide ban).
- While political and religious discussion is not disallowed, every channel Op has the right to ask to change the subject, or for the discussion to otherwise cease if it gets out of hand.
- Any bots present should be owned by a regular in the channel, and follow all the policies of this channel, as well as the Bot Policy. Bots may not pointlessly highlight people, including but not limited to public reply channel scripts. Scripts or modules that speak without being in reply to a trigger are not permitted (e.g. MegaHAL, BMotion, etc.). Using bot commands to flood the channel is the same as performing the flooding yourself.
- While cursing is permitted, it doesn't need to be every other word and be mindful of rule one.
- In short, don't be an asshole. Ops have the free reign to take action if you are.
Failure to follow these rules can result in warnings, warning kicks, temporary bans, and permanent bans. These rules are not intended to overly restrict anyone and will hopefully be common sense.